Thursday, July 20, 2006

Last day of school


The pic is of a the grandmother of Mercedes´s ( the woman I am staying with) cousin´s grandmother. The bowler hat is quite common here.

No-one here has digital cameras so it´s quite a hit to take someone´s photo and show it to them immediately. The street vendors above loved the photo so much they asked me to make a copy for them and it was the first time I had ever gotten a digital photo printed.

Today the media released a poll and not suprisingly to me after talking to people Evo (that´s what everyone here calls him) is the most popular leader in Latin America. He has 81% support.

Today the news is all about secularizing the schools. Given the power of the Catholic Church here it is a bold and courageous move. I hope to find out more about it when I talk to people.

Tomorrow is my last day at school and I am looking forward to the change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home