Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Of flowers and politics

This is one of the incredible tropical flowers I saw in Chapare. This one is not quite in bloom and I´m pretty proud of the photo. It is a cultivated flower, not a wild one but the wild flowers are as large and beautiful as cultivated flowers we get in Toronto. The cultivated ones are, as you see, beyond belief.

I just got the news that I will be leaving for La Paz on Sunday. So my interviews with government people will be next week. Look forward to these posts as I will try and post short summaries of what I find in my interviews.

One of the people I had hoped to interview is the Vice President of Bolivia, Alvaro Garicia Linera. But it looks like he will be leading Bolivia´s first delegation to the U.S. So here is a talk he gave to some social movement leaders in Cochabamba recently. It is on a blog written by an American, Jim Schultz who works with the Democracy Centre. No idea of their politics but the report seems pretty straight forward. http://www.democracyctr.org/blog/2006/01/how-it-looks-to-bolivias-new-vice.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home